Sunday, June 26, 2011

Card-a-Copia: Long Live Summer Break!

This as a stampin' weekend - yesterday I stamped with the Creative Saturday group at the public library and today I puttered around in the new-and-improved stamp room that will soon be featured in pictures for all to admire!

This card was a match-made-in-Heaven between unrelated digis.  I fell in love with the Nate Owens image and ran across the sentiment I'd tucked away months ago.  I rarely use my purple Copics and thought a bug/monster would be the perfect image to try them on.

Stamps:  "Bug" digital stamp (Nate Owens - Squigglefly), "Be Yourself" digital stamp (Papiersalat)
Papers: White (Georgia Pacific), patterned ("Whoo-Ligans Batty" from BoBunny), Basic Black and Lovely Lavendar (Stampin' Up!)

Inks:  Copics
Misc.: brads (Stampin' Up!); ribbon (Stampin' Up!)


Since my grandmother passed away in February, I have fewer people to send cards to each month.  In the past, I created a new design for each month because I wanted her to know someone was thinking of her - even if she didn't always remember who "Kelly" was.

I'm slowly getting back into making cards based on holidays and making sure to get them into the mail for others in my family.  This is my Fourth of July card for this year.  (Since I hate how America has perverted this very special holiday, cardmaking is the only pleasure I take from the event!  And you know I'll be standing out in the lawn with the hose next week, waiting for the stupid neighborhood teenagers to catch something on fire!)

Stamps:  "Funky Prim Annie" digital stamp (Sassy Cheryl)
Papers: White (Georgia Pacific), patterned (Yankee Doodles "Circle Doodle" from We R Memory Keepers), Summer Sun and Not Quite Navy (Stampin' Up!)
Inks:  Copics
Misc.: star punch (Stampin' Up!)






And this concludes the first week of Summer Break.  I intend to continue a good thing by finishing the stamp room and designing at least five more cards this coming week.  All the easier if it rains so I feel no guilt about that thing called a "lawn" that festoons the front of the house!



0 comments:

Thanks for stopping by!