Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Yadda Yadda Buffet: Squeezing Blood from a Turnip

I'll be making less money next year.  Top that off with the fact that I can no longer move up on the salary scale unless I get a Ph.D., and for me,  teaching is looking less and less like the "cash cow" so many in America seem to think it to be.  Will I put in any fewer hours outside those required?  Unlikely.  Will I take on fewer responsibilities?  No.  Will I do less for my students with my own money.  Huh-uh.  I just can't in good conscience do those things.  But I'll take a pay cut nonetheless.


How many of you would do the same?


Come spend time in my classroom for a week with me and then tell me how easy my job is and how a pay is in line.  I dare ya.  No, I DOUBLE DOG dare ya!





0 comments:

Thanks for stopping by!