Friday, August 28, 2015

Card-a-Copia: It's Back-to-School Time!

Every year I design a back-to-school card for teacher friends and family.  I am especially enamoured with this year's card!  I lucked into this image, Math Geek/Science Geek/Nerd from SLSLines on Etsy and just love it!  I'd like to see more from the artist in this style.

Image: SLSLines (Etsy)
Papers:  unknown*
Inks: Copics
Misc.: brads (Stampin' Up!), sentiment (computer-generated)










I colored up this JellyPark image some time ago and had been waiting to find just the right papers to put it with, which is super strange for me to do because I usually go from paper to image.  I love how happy the paper is and the image looks as if it just said "You're awesome!"

I paper pierced the circles - oy, vey! - for added interest.

Image:  (Jellypark)
Papers:  unknown*
Inks:  Copic markers
Misc.:  ribbon (Michael's), "threading water" punch (Fiskars), brad (Stampin' Up!) 




Not gonna lie - I pretty much CASE'd this entire card!  I loved the image, My Moon, and what the person who designed it did.  I added a few things to make it my own, but I borrowed liberally!  I made several of them to send to former students who are having babies.  (And O. M. G.!  Nothing like that to make a middle-aged woman want to cry for her lost youth!)

I almost like how the hair turned out!  Those were some mighty tiny flicks there, People!  Some day...

Image:  My Moon (A Day for Daisies)
Papers:  unknown*
Inks: Copic markers
Misc.: sequins (Joann's), twine, sentiment (computer-generated), Wink of Stella

That's it for this post.  May the flick be with you...






* as soon as I uncover the rest of it on my desk, I'll add in the names!

0 comments:

Thanks for stopping by!