Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Card-a-Copia: After a Lengthy Hiatus...


In August 2014, I took a new job as librarian in a different school district.  I'd done all the coursework for the position but didn't know diddly-squat about the daily goings-on including how to use the library software, which is kind of a big deal.  I hit the ground running and finally took a breath about eight weeks ago.

In addition to the new job, "My Style," the site that my background comes from, stopped supporting the background.  I, in the meantime, started tinkering around with a new blog and tinkered myself into a corner I couldn't limited-HTML-skill my way out of!

Fortunately for me the old background finally came back three months ago, so it's ON WITH THE SHOW!

It will take some time for me to "back fill" the blog with the cards I haven't yet published from an entire year, so I thought I'd start with more current things and then add in the older stuff a little at a time.

It's also been awhile since I considered being on a design team.  I'm giving it a go again with Tiddly Inks, one of the first places I discovered when starting with digital stamps.  Christy's style has changed some over the years, and I'm still a fan - especially of her Wryn series.

Drum roll, please!  (Cue curtain) Ta-dum!



This card uses an image I'd been futzing around with for months.  I took time today to finish a card showcasing Wryn - Howdy Cowgirl, and it's going to be a perfect card for one of my nieces.  You can see I'm still working on hair, but I'm making some progress.  (If that's you, too, give me a big "Amen!")   I like the colors together as well as the complexity of the card.

Image:  Wryn - Howdy Cowgirl (Tiddly Inks)
Papers:  Giddy Up! "Rodeo Queen" (Carta Bella)
Inks: Copic markers
Misc.: stickers (Carta Bella), ribbon (American Crafts)


The second card features Wryn - Hanging Around.  One of the things I like best about the Wryns is that the character s a delicious blend of girly and tomboy, which pretty much sums up all four of my brother's girls!

Image: Wryn - Hanging Around (Tiddly Inks)
Papers: unknown
Inks: Copic markers
Misc.: ribbon (Stampin' Up!), circle die (Nestabilities). Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), sentiment (computer-generated)



Next is a project I made using Wryn - Have Heart.  Ugh!  More hair!   I cut out the inside of the Polaroid frame to fit an enlarged Wryn in and added a new background.  The fussy cutting took awhile because I wanted to get into the small nooks and crannies.  After much trial and error, I finally found a white gel pen on my table that worked - what is WITH those things anyway? - and added dots to Wryn's dress as well as stitch markers on the middle banner.


Image: Wryn - Have Heart (Tiddly Inks)
Papers: Oh Snap "Camera Journaling cards" (Echo Park), Basic Black (Stampin' Up!)
Inks: Copic markers, white gel pen, burgundy Copic Multiliner
Misc.: Wink of Stella


Finally, here's an oldie I still love that uses Pinky.  I wish this card wasn't such a pain to mail but since it is, only people I really like get one!  I made several different sentiments to go wth it.

Image: Pinky (Tiddly Inks)
Papers: Creative Imaginations, Not Quite Navy (Stanpin' Up!)
Inks: Copic markers
Misc.: border punch (Martha Stewart), ribbon (Stampin' Up!), rhinestones (KaiserCraft), heart charm (Dollar Store earring), sentiment (computer-generated)


So, that's it for today.  My goal is to feature one new card and add two cards from the past year in each post until I get caught up!  Stay tuned for design team news...




0 comments:

Thanks for stopping by!