Friday, January 20, 2012

Card-a-Copia: Snow Day! (and snow day and snow day)

Aside from the constant worry that an extraordinarily tall fir tree completely coated in ice is going to plunge through the roof of the room I'm unable to relax in, the past three snow days have been productive!  I'm damned tired of eating frozen pizza, though, and that's not a weather-related joke!  If there's power tonight, I may try to make something containing actual protein.  (And I DO SO hope there's power, because it's really hard to sleep under three blankets, a regular comforter, a down comforter, and four cats.  Just sayin'.)

OK, on to the art.  This card is made from a series of freebies from a U. K. magazine.  Somewhere in my rats nest of unorganized digis I have the artist's name; I'll update when I figure out who it is.  I fussy cut the fish to give it more of skeletal look.  The sentiment tag is computer generated.

Stamps:  cat digi (Papercraft Essentials)
Paper:  card base (Georgia-Pacific), green and black (Core'dinations), Baby Mine "ABC-123" (Moxie), and Nan's Favourites Collection (KaiserCraft)
Ink:  Copics, Creamy Caramel (Stampin' Up!)
Misc.:  baker's twine (WhiskerGraphics), brads (American Crafts), corner punch (Stampin' Up!)



Following the same type fold pattern, this is a winter card that uses a lot of Spellbinder's snowflakes.  

Stamps: Uh, help? 
Paper:  card base (Georgia-Pacific), green (Core'dinations), Baby Mine "ABC-123" (Moxie), and Nan's Favourites Collection (K & Co.?), Mimosa "Chartreuse" (SEI)
Ink:  Copics
Misc.:  brads (American Crafts and Stampin' Up!), ribbon (Artco), computer generated sentiment


Don't ya just hate it when you have a scathingly brilliant idea and it doesn't pan out?  I just knew the "fur" on the hat and coat would look super cute with fun flock on it, but it didn't actually come out the way I saw it in my head.  Sigh.

Stamps:  Snow Day (Mo Manning)
Paper:  card base (Georgia-Pacific), pink and black (Core'dinations), print (Miss Elizabeth)
Ink:  Copics
Misc.:  doily die (My Favorite Things), Fun Flock (Stampin' Up!), brads (American Crafts), ribbon (Michael's), rhinestones (Michael's),  computer generated sentiment






I was a little slow getting all my cards out in December, so I whipped these up to send to the people I missed in the first flurry of end-of-year updates.  I paper pieced the shirt so it would look tropical.  (Given the weather we've had here, it seemed more than appropriate!)


Stamps:  Reptile digi (Hambo)
Paper:  card base and white block (Georgia-Pacific), Brook Collection "Wild Flowers" (Crate Paper), Homestead "Bosenberry" (SEI)
Ink:  Copics
Misc.:  paperclip (Michael's), brads (CTMH), ribbon (Stampin' Up!), consumer generated sentiment

And a cute photo of Yael to end the post.  He and Cocoa take turns hiding in a small space where they can see but can't be seen.  Love these boys.  

When will they quit climbing the curtains?

0 comments:

Thanks for stopping by!